If you’ve ever built your own home, you will agree that conventional construction methods are outdated and impacted by the following disadvantages:
- Limited innovation in the construction industry
- Ever-extending deadlines
- Unforeseen expenses
- Large professional team (architect, engineer, QS and interior designer)
- Increased risk due to uncontrolled environment.
- Stressful and drawn out process so people prefer to purchase
Currently, there is a trend of PPVC (prefabricated, prefinished volumetric construction) engineered modules where buildings are constructed off-site. These pre-fabricated homes seem to be making considerable headway in the housing market, however are facing increased drawbacks such as:
- Pre-finished designs means a limited amount of material options and home layout possibilities.
- Less flexibility, therefore you will find yourself having to compromise on layout, aesthetics and design.
- Not organic.